Australian Catholic University is a publicly funded university with seven campuses around Australia. We welcome staff and students of all beliefs and backgrounds.
More about ACU Profile
Find out how to apply as an undergraduate, postgraduate, domestic, international or research student.
More about Entry into ACU
International study opportunities for students.
More about Study overseas
ACU is a national public university with courses on offer across Australia, open to students of all cultures and religions.
More about ACU International
ACU offers many opportunities to undertake supervised research at either the masters or doctoral level.
Learn more about Research Courses
Expand your personal and professional network by staying in touch with the ACU community.
Learn more about Alumni Network
Existing applicant login
Sign up for customised job alerts
• This role will make a significant contribution to the discipline of Psychology, with a focus on educational and developmental psychology.• The successful applicant will support leadership in achieving the strategic intent of the University and implementing the strategic initiatives at a Faculty and School level.• This is a full-time, continuing role.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is located across five campuses of Australian Catholic University and is one of the largest faculties of Health Sciences in Australia. The Faculty is structured into three national Schools:
• School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine • School of Behavioural and Health Sciences• School of Allied Health
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will be expected to contribute to the academic and administrative activities of the national School of Behavioural and Health Sciences, providing excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In particular, the Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychology will make a significant contribution to the Master of Psychology in Educational and Developmental Psychology (MPsych EDDV) at the Melbourne campus, with a specific focus on psychological assessment and learning disorders. The successful applicant will also make a major contribution to the training and supervision of students in both the fourth year and postgraduate psychology programs.
You will:• Undertake Lecturer-in-Charge roles (for specific unit/s of study) in postgraduate programs (and undergraduate where necessary);• Implement strategies to foster a dynamic, service-oriented and enterprising culture within the School;• Contribute to teaching in areas of specific expertise and, in particular, in the MPsych EDDV.• Supervise HDR, Honours and Masters students in the discipline of Psychology
You will need to demonstrate:
• A PhD in Psychology or related discipline.• Professional recognition as demonstrated by the following:
o Full registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) o Registered with AHPRA for area of practice endorsement in Educational and Developmental Psychology. o Full membership (or eligibility) with the Australian Psychological Society (APS) o Approved as a Supervisor with The Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA)
• Experience in the supervision of post-graduate psychology students in educational and developmental psychology. • Experience in major methods of evidence-based psychological assessment, such as the Wechsler and the Woodcock-Johnson range of tests.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.How to Apply: Obtain the Position Description (HR to add). Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.Total remuneration valued to:
• $116,456 - $137,295 pa, including salary component $98,407 - $116,186 pa (Lecturer with Academic Classification Level B), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
• $145,618 - $158,103 pa, including salary component $123,300 - $133,971 pa (Senior Lecturer with Academic Classification Level C), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Tom Whelan, Deputy Head, School of Behavioural and Health Sciences VIC/Melb on +613 9953 3127Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
CLOSING DATE: 19 December 2018
Advertised: 05 Dec 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Dec 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement
Powered by PageUp