Australian Catholic University is a publicly funded university with seven campuses around Australia. We welcome staff and students of all beliefs and backgrounds.
More about ACU Profile
Find out how to apply as an undergraduate, postgraduate, domestic, international or research student.
More about Entry into ACU
International study opportunities for students.
More about Study overseas
ACU is a national public university with courses on offer across Australia, open to students of all cultures and religions.
More about ACU International
ACU offers many opportunities to undertake supervised research at either the masters or doctoral level.
Learn more about Research Courses
Expand your personal and professional network by staying in touch with the ACU community.
Learn more about Alumni Network
Existing applicant login
Sign up for customised job alerts
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special / equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), section 126, Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW), section 5, Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld) and Section 12 Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Student Administration Directorate supports the University’s academic decision-making processes and the Director Student Administration and Academic Registrar, Associate Directors and National Managers contribute to academic policy formulation and provide administrative support for student and academic-related administrative matters.
As the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Admissions Officer you will:
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply: Obtain the Position Description here Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Admissions Officer.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $89,617 - $96,302 pa, including salary component $75,727- $81,376 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Claron Driscoll, National Manager, Admissions on 07 3623 7116.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Thursday 19 October 11.55pm
· Provide support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples throughout the application to study process at ACU
· Raise awareness and understanding of the indigenous applicant process to stakeholders
· Full-time, 2 year fixed term contract, Brisbane
· identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
· develop and standardise procedures for recruiting indigenous applicants across all campuses
· manage relationships with stakeholders, raising awareness and understanding of the indigenous applicant process
· provide regular advice, reports and statistics to the Admissions and First Peoples teams on application outcomes.
· completion of a degree with experience in an administrative role; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education or training
· experience or detailed understanding of university admission administration or Tertiary Admission Centres
· evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
· experience in data extraction, analysis and problem solving skills
How to Apply: Obtain the Position Description (HR to add). Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
General enquiries can be directed to Claron Driscoll, National Manager, Admissions on 07 36237116.
Advertised: 05 Oct 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Oct 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement
Powered by PageUp