- Corporate Services Portfolio
- Lead the establishment of best practice portfolio project office
- Preference for the role to be located at North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU Corporate Services are a professional and highly successful service portfolio of the University. They provide excellent operational and project outcomes to support the core functions of Higher Education and Research. The University is seeking a National Manager for the newly established Portfolio Project Office to take lead responsibility for the establishment, implementation and development of best practices for project portfolios, programs and project management throughout the Corporate Services Portfolio.
Promoting consistency across Corporate Services, you will:
- provide portfolio reports/dashboard for all Corporate Services programs and projects
- identify issues, conflicts and implementation milestone overlaps across various projects
- establish project frameworks, policy, processes and systems for Corporate Services Portfolio
- motivate, support and develop the skills and awareness of decision makers, project staff and project stakeholders.
Working collaboratively with stakeholders, you will demonstrate an ability to adopt an organisational wide point of view and make informed, evidence-based decisions to achieve high quality organisational outcomes. You will also need to demonstrate:
- strong influencing and interpersonal skills to inspire others to embrace change
- substantial project management experience, including establishing and managing project management office
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description National Manager Portfolio Projects PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $124,438 - $132,782 pa, including salary component $105,193 - $112,325 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
A 3% salary increase is effective from 1 July 2017.
General enquiries can be directed to Mr Paul Campbell, Deputy Chief Operating Officer on 02 9739 2913.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 5 June 2017