- This opportunity is open to ACU employees only
- Full-time, continuing position
- Role can be located at North Sydney, Strathfield, Brisbane, Melbourne, Ballarat or Canberra
As part of the wider portfolio of Students, Learning and Teaching, the Office of Student Success (OSS) provides students with the necessary support services to promote student engagement in university life. Through the provision of quality support services, programs and learning opportunities students are enabled to develop to their full potential and to develop graduate attributes which shape them as future contributors to the good of society.
The Student Development Coordinator provides opportunities for students to develop their graduate attributes through leadership development. The position supports and works closely with the student leaders of clubs, societies and associations, providing guidance, direction and opportunities to acquire skills and competencies for work readiness. The Student Development Coordinator will need to be able to travel and work flexible hours, including evening and weekends when required.
In this position you will:
- lead and develop a suite of national student development programs
- ensure the University's national non-sporting clubs and societies framework is implemented
- develop and implement policies and procedures to support student leadership and development
- manage the University's national radio station and contribute to the Orientation program.
You will need to possess:
- a tertiary qualification in Education, Student Development, Leadership Development or a related field
- demonstrated experience designing, facilitating and evaluating student leadership and training programs
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- ability to build and maintain professional relationships and apply a solution focused approach when responding to challenging situations.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply: Obtain the Position Description PD Student Development Coordinator.pdf Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $107,331 - $119,997 pa, including salary component $90,696 - $101,399 pa (HEW Level 8), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Joel Walker, Manager, Student Enrichment on (02) 9739 2648.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 30th April 2017