- Calling for Expressions of Interest from ACU staff only
- Provide support to academic staff in the newly established Physiotherapy offering at the Aquinas campus
- Fixed term (6 months), part-time (0.4 FTE) position located in Ballarat
The School of Physiotherapy was established in 2010 and is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences. The School comprises staff and students across three campuses – Brisbane, North Sydney, and most recently, Ballarat. All campuses host cutting-edge facilities complete with anatomy wet laboratories and physiotherapy teaching laboratories. Students are taught all facets of the practice of physiotherapy and provided with ample opportunities and support to practice their emerging skills.
The Administrative Officer will act as the initial contact and dedicated point of service for students, visitors and staff and provide a high standard of day to day administrative support to the School of Physiotherapy. In addition, the role will include liaison with academic staff in relation to set-up of equipment in practical rooms in accordance with timetabled teaching activities. The position will take responsibility for equipment maintenance, servicing and repairs and ordering of new supplies.
More specifically, you will:
- provide administrative and organisational support to academic staff
- coordinate the sessional staff process for the School, including variations of contracts and sessional expenditure
- ordering of stationery and purchasing or leasing of equipment and assets
- book travel and accommodation in addition to maintaining databases and files.
To be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- completion of a tertiary qualification, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and / or education / training
- ability to solve operational and technical problems and give advice
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- initiative and innovation with a high level of attention to detail.
How to apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Admin Officer School of Physiotherapy (Ballarat).pdf To lodge your Expression of Interest, please select the 'Apply' button below and attach a current resume and covering letter detailing your suitability for the position.
Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $72,000 - $78,021 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $65,753 - $71,252 (pro rata) pa (for HEW Level 5), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Suzanne Kuys, National Head of School of Physiotherapy, (07) 3861 6049
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Thursday, 4 May 2017