- Contribute to the effective operations of the School
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Head at the Melbourne campus
- Full time, continuing appointment
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The National School of Arts operates within the Faculty of Education and Arts (FEA) which is recognised nationally and internationally as a leader and driver of education and arts and for its outstanding graduates and staff who, through their research and teaching, lead and transform their communities. The School of Arts in Melbourne are seeking a professional and highly organised Administrative Officer to support the Deputy Head and ensure the effective operations of School.
Specifically you will:
- provide process and policy advice, ensuring compliance and consistency
- coordinate and support committee meetings, including bookings, preparation and issuing of meeting documentation
- support new staff in securing IT access and act as a contact for new facilities set up
- assist with finance activities including invoicing and purchasing.
You will need to demonstrate:
- experience in a similar administrative support role with ability to effectively plan work activity
- effective communication skills and a commitment to delivering high level customer service
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- high level computer literacy, with willingness and capacity to develop new skills.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Administrative Officer (Arts VIC) PD.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $77,813 - $84,321 pa, including salary component $65,753 - $71,252 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Tim McKenry, Deputy Head (VIC), School of Arts on 03 9953 3211.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 2 May 2017