- Deliver services to students, academic, research and Directorate staff
- 19 hours per week during Semester (7 hours Monday/Tuesday; 5 hours Sunday)
- Fractional continuing appointment located at our MacKillop campus in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Library's mission is to enable and enrich the teaching, learning and research endeavours of the University by delivering flexible access to extensive and relevant information resources and by providing quality services and facilities.
As the Information Services Librarian you will contribute to the delivery of a range of client services to students, academic, research and Directorate staff in assigned campus-based client groups in line with established national Library service standards. More specifically you will:
- deliver an efficient, responsive and reliable service on Service Desk
- assist with library reports and documents, including compliance reporting
- provide a high quality reference service, providing clients with direction, advice and information regarding library materials
- prepare bibliographies and subject guides in addition to collating statistics and participating in Information Literacy Programs.
You will need to have:
- an undergraduate degree in Library and Information studies (eligibility for membership of ALIA)
- demonstrated experience with general computer applications and internet environments, including the use of an Integrated Library Management System.
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work independently and collaboratively
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Information Services Librarian.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $77,813 - $84,321 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $65,753 - $71,252 (pro rata) pa (HEW Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Lesley Adukonu, Senior Library Coordinator LARS, (02) 9739 2686.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Sunday 7 May, 2017