- Focus on HRM, with some OHS teaching responsibilities
- Teaching and research oriented role
- Full time, continuing appointment, based in North Sydney, Australia
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the Faculty of Law and Business, the Peter Faber Business School's mission is to develop reflective business leaders and independent learners who are global in their outlook, ethical in their actions and practical in the application of their professional skills. The School operates over four campuses (Brisbane, North Sydney, Strathfield and Melbourne) and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
As a Lecturer you will advance the standing of the School by providing contributions to academic administration, curriculum development and program coordination. More specifically you will:
- undertake teaching, supervision and scholarship within the discipline area at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels
- engage staff in innovative learning and teaching practices
- contribute to the research intensification strategy of the University through publications in high quality research outlets and attraction of research and/or industry funding
- maintain engagement with external stakeholders relevant to the program.
The primary focus of this position is on the discipline of Human Resource Management however it is highly desirable that the successful candidate demonstrate an understanding of, and willingness to teach in, units related to occupational health and safety. You will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD qualification in HRM, Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline e.g. organisational psychology
- capacity to provide experience based and student centered learning opportunities
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- emerging national recognition of research in HRM, OHS or related discipline.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Lecturer in HRM OHSE.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to AUD$110,847 - AUD$130,747 pa, including salary component AUD$93,667 - AUD$110,590 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Susan Dann, National Head of School of Business, at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Thursday 18 May 2017