- Contribute to a School with an emerging research reputation
- Teaching and research focus
- Full time, continuing appointment, based in either North Sydney or Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the Faculty of Law and Business, the Peter Faber Business School's mission is to develop reflective business leaders and independent learners who are global in their outlook, ethical in their actions and practical in the application of their professional skills. The School operates over four campuses (Brisbane, North Sydney, Strathfield and Melbourne) and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The Associate Professor is expected to collaborate with colleagues across campuses taking on, where appropriate, the role of Discipline Chair of Informatics to ensure quality learning and teaching outcomes as well as undertaking administration and leadership duties. The position is classified as teaching and research and the successful candidate is expected to actively contribute to the research agenda of the School and Faculty. More specifically you will:
- contribute to the effective teaching and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in informatics
- be expected to lead the future accreditation of the programs with the Australian Computer Society
- contribute to the research intensification strategy of the University through publications in high quality research outlets and attraction of research and/or industry funding
- supervise postgraduate and RHD students.
You will need to demonstrate:
- possession of a PhD in Information Technology or Information Systems and membership of the Australian Computer Society
- a sustained and significant record of high quality outputs of research
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- leadership in activities that enhance engaging learning environments using a variety of delivery methods.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Associate Professor - Informatics.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $157,159 - $172,998 pa, including salary component $133,164 - $146,702 pa (Academic Classification Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Susan Dann, National Head of School of Business at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Monday 29 May 2017