- Provide technology enhanced learning products and services to support academic development
- Combination of pedagogy and technology
- Full-time, continuing appointment located at our North Sydney, Strathfield or Canberra campuses.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Learning and Teaching Centre (LTC) provides leadership in strategy, policy and capacity building, promoting excellence in learning and teaching at ACU, including in the online environment. The Centre provides programs and services to support professional development of academic staff and the technology platforms for course delivery and student engagement in learning. The LTC partners with Faculties, IT Services and the Library, as well as the Office of Student Success, in the delivery of outcomes shaped by ACU's Learning and Teaching Map.
The eLearning Advisor provides specialist pedagogic and technical support to academic staff including research in emerging technology- enhanced learning resources. The position will also be expected to provide expert advice (including professional development support) and administrative support to LTC staff, including Academic Developers and Educational Designers. More specifically the role entails:
- investigating and introducing new technologies in line with best practice standards and guidelines
- designing student-centred learning experiences based on sound pedagogical strategies pertaining to the delivery of technology enhanced learning
- supporting the implementation of LEO (Learning Environment Online) technologies
- providing advice and assistance to academic staff in their funding submissions for eLearning resources and training-related projects.
You will need to have:
- tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Education, Educational Technology) and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training
- experience in the design of student-centred and technology enhanced learning resources and familiarity with LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- ability to plan and deliver academic, professional development programs and resources.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD eLearning Advisor.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $96,241 - $104,161 pa, including salary component $81,325 - $88,017 pa (HEW Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Dr Veronica Hendriks, Manager, eLearning, (03) 9953 3379
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Tuesday 25 April 2017
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.