- Join a team of internationally recognised scholars
- Undertake research support activities to maintain quality research output
- Fixed term, full time appointment based in Brisbane city
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
In 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA), ACU performed strongly across the diverse range of education research, ranking At World Standard in "Education Systems", and "Curriculum and Pedagogy", and Above World Standard in "Specialist Studies in Education". The Learning Sciences Institute Australia (LSIA) is a national research institute hosting a team of eminent researchers and international scholars undertaking nationally-funded research studies with a range of industry partners.
As Research Assistant, you will support the Director and research team members with project planning and execution and routine administration related to the LSIA research concentration in Assessment, Evaluation and Student Learning (AESL).
- undertake a range of research tasks to assist in the conduct of research projects including literature reviews and preparation of draft publications and reports
- assist in the preparation of information to inform research grant applications or tenders
- collect, enter and analyse data using a variety of methods
- maintain effective networks and communications among members of the Institute
- provide general administrative support related to the research activities of AESL.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant research experience
- capacity to analyse data using both quantitative and qualitative approaches using appropriate software
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- effective planning and time management skills with ability to prioritise tasks to achieve required outcomes
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply: Obtain the Position Description Research Assistant (HEW 6) PD.pdf . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $80,505 - $86,512 pa, including salary component $73,521 - $79,006 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Joy Cumming, Research Program Director, on 07 3623 7862.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers"
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 9 May, 2017