- Strategic operations management for the research program
- Opportunity to blend leadership, operational and financial management skills
- Full-time, continuing appointment, located in Strathfield initially and moving to North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Institute of Positive Psychology and Education (IPPE) has a recognised world-class research program characterised by the attraction of prestigious externally funded grants and research partnerships, publications in top tier scholarly works, a world-class research training experience for HDR students, and best practice Institute governance procedures.
As the Research Program Operations Manager you will provide high level operational support to the Research Theme Leader, including strategic operations management for the research program. The role requires strong leadership and financial management capability as well as the capacity to work collaboratively with all project stakeholders, including existing and potential collaborators as well as partners. More specifically the role entails:
- supporting the research theme leader with the overall management of the research theme
- providing operational leadership, and administration of strategic initiatives
- financial management and planning
- recruitment, training and development of professional staff, including mentoring and allocating workloads
- internal and external stakeholder relationship management.
You will need:
- a relevant postgraduate degree in business or management, or possess a combination of relevant experience or education and/or training
- operations management skills (including finance, HR and relationship management) ideally gained in a research centre or research program environment
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- demonstrated experience in managing budgets and resources for large projects.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD Research Program Operations Manager IPPE.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $107,331 - $119,997 pa, including salary component $90,696 - $101,399 pa (HEW Level 8), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Associate Professor Chris Lonsdale, Institute of Positive Psychology and Education, phone (02) 9701 4642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Thursday 30 March 2017